- Jonathan created a short video that shows how some of the unique sounds were created on Snow Flower. "I used my Ebow a good bit on Sky and a few other tracks from the album and I want to share some of the techniques. I'm pleased that Ebow.com has included the video in their collection."
- Jonathan works with Metal Core band Triphon - Very happy to see the release of Triphon's debut album "Open the Gates". It was great working with these talented musicians and helping them shape their sound. Check out this article in Guitar World Magazine about our recording proccess.
- I am always pleased when the producers at Etsy's "Handmade Portraits" use my music in their wonderful mini docs. This one is no exception: The second and fourth tracks are from Things That Occur In Nature's Snow Flower.
- Jonathan's Ambient Post Rock Album Snow Flower continues to garner critical acclaim. Electronic Musician's Soundtrack of the month!
- The year is more than half way through and it is shaping up to be a wonderful year. I've just finished writing and producing the TTOIN project, drop by and take a listen!
- What an amazing year. A few of the fantastic clients I have had the pleasure to work with this year include:
- Scientists and Engineers for America,
- Director Nawaz Ameen and,
- Hi everyone! I've just finished scoring a film for Director Nawaz Ameen tiltled Jalebi and the festival acceptances have already started coming in. We will be at the Central Florida Film Festival in September and the 2009 Independents Film Festival later this year. The IMDb trailer is here.
- If you are on Twitter, please come and follow the AMAZING adventures of a composer at large. I guarantee it will have you hanging on the edge of your keyboard or your money back!
- I am composing audio and mixing it in 5.1 Surround Sound for the Industrial Percussion Project. My credo for 2009 — all audio should be in surround! Stay tuned for details and release dates.
I am headed to Park City, Utah for the 2008 Sundance Film Festival in January. To all the filmmakers I have worked with-past and future; I look forward to meeting you there.
- I am looking forward to serving as a judge on the Emmy Award panel this year for the category of Composing and Arranging Music (NYC). This is an excellent opportunity to find out what my fellow Television Composers, who were nominated, have been up to.
- I have composed three new tunes that are available for licensing! Listen to them here.
- I will be attending the upcoming Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. I am thrilled to be able to include GDC in my schedule this year. This is THE gathering for Video Game Industry Professionals. The opportunity to meet new people in the Video Gaming Industry and gathering new information about the current state of music and audio in video games is very exciting. I am looking forward to seeing some of you there!
- I am starting production on an Orchestral Score for a feature length film. It's hush-hush at the moment but details will be coming soon.
- I had a blast recently, playing and recording percussion for Songwriter Bob Callner! Keep an eye open for this guy, he is super talented.
ICOM magazine has recently featured Jonathan in an article about film composers and the state of writing music for visual media. Click here to read the article.
This weekend was the first screening of the film "Grey Matter" at the Fobana Film Festival at the Cobb Galleria Centre. The 20 minute short about a taxi driver that struggles to do what is right, was very well received and I was honored to attend a panel to answer questions from the audience.
Director Nawaz Ameen has asked me to score his next short which will begin production in October. Grey Matter will continue on to other festivals. Keep an eye here for future dates!
I am composing the Music and Sound Design for an upcoming video game being produced by Waveform Games. Stay tuned for a release date!
Check out some of the nice things people have said about Jonathan's music on myspace.com.